Lenten Confessions:
I was contacted by a
friend yesterday asking if Trudy and I were going to attend our 30 year high
school reunion. He didn't want to make the long trip across the country from
East to West coast if his friends were not going to be there. I can't say that I
blame him. He sparked a thought in my mind, to which God and I discussed on our
Team POSSIBLE! Walk this morning. Thirty
years since I left high school, where and who am I now?
Those are actually
two very powerful questions, Where and Who. I'll start with the where. I am on
a journey to make myself a better person, both mentally and physically. I am
building and restructuring my faith in God
and myself. I have made many mistakes in my life but I have completed
just as many successful achievements. I have surrounded myself with the people
I want to be with, although not everyone can not be physically with me. I have
not reached my destination but I'm still moving in the right direction.
Who I am is more
difficult. I am no longer the person I hated. My lows were very low and it
inflicted a lot of pain, anguish and disappointment on the people important to
me. I am someone willing to give of myself to others for their purpose and not
my own. I am someone who cares. I am someone evolving.
As I mentioned
before I have had successful achievements in my life. The 5 most important to
me are:
- I have been placed in positions that help others, both professionally and personally.
- I have been afforded the opportunities to work, provide for my family, and ensure their well being.
- I have been given a family to love and nurture. I am someone they can lean upon, seek support and comfort.
- I have a gift, although I feel unworthy to have received, of a wife that has become my life and sole existence. Without her all other previous achievements would not have been possible.
- And lastly, I am a child of God.
May the grace of God
be received by all.

No comments:
Post a Comment