Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Confessions 2013 #8

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lenten Confessions:

Since the start of Lent I've been asking for a Workout Buddy, either physically or virtually. Well, due to my self-centered, self-involved thinking I failed to notice that I've always had a Workout Buddy. My Buddy starts each workout when I do. My Buddy stops the workout when I do. My Buddy walks with me step for step without missing a beat. God has always been and will always be my Workout Buddy.

During our workouts we walk, God is a great pacesetter. We talk to each other, we listen to each other, but I need to learn to do more of the later and less of the former. We laugh and make jokes. We listen to music and even sing and dance. God has a great singing voice, better than the Angels on High. God's dancing is phenomenal, God has Super Happy Feet.

God is a very motivating Workout buddy.
    • When you've walked as far as you think you can walk, God can walk farther, for God all things are possible.
    • When you've run as far as you think you can run, God can run farther, for God all things are possible.
    • When you've done all the sit-ups you think you can do, God can do more, for God all things are possible.
    • When you think you have done all you can do, God can do more, for God all things are possible.

 Just because can do more doesn't mean God wants to do more, not if you are not with God. God wants to do it with you, not out do you. For WITH God All things are POSSIBLE!

Stop what you are doing right now and join me in saying aloud six simple but powerful words: WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

God is like a Super Rocky, willing to do what others believe are impossible. However, unlike Rocky, God does not run up the steps of the museum in Philly, raising God's arms in triumph and victory at the top. No, God stops at the first step, holds out a hand and waits for you. Together you traverse the steps, some more difficult that others until you both reach the top. At that point God raises your arms so you may celebrate the triumph. What an awesome Workout Buddy is that? I raise my arm arms to God in praise and God raises mine in triumph.

God, I'm going to sign us up for a 5K this Spring and a 10K this Summer. I know we won't win the races but we will complete them. For with God all things are POSSIBLE! I'll get us T-shirts with a Team logo. I have some ideas for a team name:

Team Blake and God….No
Team Blod….No
Team God…..No
Team Possible!....YES, for with God all things are POSSIBLE! Maybe I can get some help from my FB artist friends to help design the t-shirts.

I'm also inviting you to be with me and Team ParrotHeads at the Relay for Life Father's Day Weekend. How ironic, inviting our Heavenly Father to a Father's Day event. It's an all night event that many find difficult to complete. Last year I walked 15 miles. This year I want us to do 15 miles plus one more step. I know we can do it for with God all things are Possible!

Team ParrotHeads Support Team Possible!
Because Team Possible! Supports Everyone.

If you want to join Team Possible! on our workouts, let us know, everyone is welcome and no one is turned away.

May the grace of God be received by all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment