Lenten Confessions:
It may be too early to be thinking of Easter but I have, and this is why. As we have been told, and I believe, that Jesus knew of his impending fate. He knew that he was going to die on the cross long before it happened. Because he knew what was to happen, and why, he was prepared to do as God had asked. Praise be to our Lord and Savior for his love and courage in the name of our sins.
Whether fortunate or unfortunately, we don't know the answers to what and when. Death is a scary event if you are not prepared. It is painful in the hearts of the ones that love you. I was close to experiencing that event not long ago.
In late September
and early October I was hospitalized with a very preventable condition. My
triglycerides were not <200 A's recommended by the medical profession, but
rather 2,200. This caused issues with my pancrease. It was the start of an
unhealthy condition that could lead to death. In January, I was in the hospital
again for the same condition but my triglycerides this time were at a record
high of 6,720. I was literally at Death's door.
The events in my
life that lead to both incidents is an ongoing occurance. I simply could not
afford the medication I needed to take. I believe, and will always believe,
that the reason I am here today is not the medicine directly, but rather the
love and prayers of my family. You are all my family. People typically don't
care for friends like they do for a family member. Your collective prayers were
heard by God. And for some reason God answered your prayers in God's time and
fashion. I thank you all for saving my life.
Remember: Lent is 40
days not including Sunday. I will not have a confession on Sundays for those
days belong to God.

No comments:
Post a Comment