Lenten Confessions:
Am I hindering or am
I helpful? I often wonder on which side my words and actions place me.
Unfortunately, my contemplation is after the fact instead of before or during,
but I'm working on that. As I hear my pastor say, "May the words from my
mouth be pleasing in thy sight O'Lord". I hope I got that quote right but
I think I'm getting the point across. My words and my actions are a direct
reflection of who I am and how I represent and follow God. If I'm hurtful,
abrasive, mean, then I am not truely following the teachings of Jesus. If I am
helpful, gentle, and pleasing then I am practicing my faith and living the
Lord's Prayer. By the way, did you pray today? I did. Remember, if you pray the
Lord's Prayer you are promising God you will do right and are asking for
guidance. If you find yourself not living the promise it's not God's failure to
answer your prayer but rather you exercising your freewill and breaking your
covenant. But God is a forgiving God. You can repent and get back on the path
of your journey with the Lord. Praise be to God for God's grace and
understanding.
May the grace of God
be received by all.

No comments:
Post a Comment