Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Confessions 2013 #9

Friday, February 22, 2013

Lenten Confessions:

So I learned an aspect of my life to which I must improve, Procrastination or a lack thereof. Once again I have missed my promised goal to post a daily confession. This is Friday's confession with a Saturday twist.

What does it mean to care for someone? Is it just sending prayers on their behalf or is it waiting on them hand and foot? It has to be "Black and White" because a "Gray-Area" could be interpreted by either party to one extreme or the other. Today two types of caregiving where a topic of my thoughts and actions. The first was the quantity and quality of care I have or have not given my wife with her disabilities. I often thought I was giving the best care, but later realize that I could have done more. The second was in dealing with the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. As a caregiver for a cancer survivor I clearly did not provide the quality care needed. I did not understand what being a caregiver meant. I failed to use the resources at my disposal to help the person in need. I know my faults now but I cannot go back and fix what I did wrong. I can only try not to make that mistake again.

Do you feel our caregiver is doing a good job? Are you lacking some attention or action that your feel is vital to your well being? Are you just mislabeling wants for needs, desires for requirements? I believe our Heavenly Father has been a wonderful caregiver. Every need, every requirement has been granted to me just by asking. It's my asking of desires and wants that are questionable and often left unattended. I wish there was a simple checklist to review when asking God for things, but there isn't. I wish there was an immediate answer of yes or no to those things to which I have asked, but there isn't. But at least we are given the opportunity to ask. Make sure you ask our caregiver for love and compassion and I truly believe you will always receive and immediate YES. God wants to be your caregiver. Are you willing to let God care for you?

May the grace of God be received by all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment