Lenten Confessions:
Have you ever
wondered if Jesus were able to sit down and talk with you, without jeopardizing
the end of time of course, where you would go, what would you do, what you
would say, what questions you would ask? I'm not sure about a lot of those
questions but I know I would not ask the "when" questions, when is
the end of time, when (and if) I will go to heaven, when will I win the
lottery? I know the answers to those questions...in God's time. I suppose Jesus
and I would just sit on the bank of a lake fishing drinking water. Of course he
would change his to wine because he's just that kind of guy. And that's OK. My
BFF is free to feel comfortable around me, and I around him. I would ask
questions to know more about him like how hard was it to know your destiny and
complete it? I would ask him how he feels that since his rising, there are so
many believers and non-believers, so many different religions interpreting his
teachings in so many ways, does he feel that he failed in his purpose? Or is
his work not finished yet? Does he believe that we "the believers"
get it yet? Do we really understand his purpose on earth and in heaven? I would
tell my BFF my worst fears and seek comfort in his friendship. I would ask his
advice on life changing decisions. We would tell each other jokes like the one
about the disciple that went into a bar. We would have a good time, create a
cherished memory, and be thankful we have each other.
So if you would ask
these types of questions when face to face with Jesus, why not ask them now?
You're willing you use his name in prayer, so why not talk to him now? Don't
you think that you owe it to your friend to know what your are thinking,
needing, wanting, before you use his name when ask these things from our mutual
Heavenly Father? Not to do so would be rude and unbecoming a BFF. Don't
disrespect your friends by going behind their back. Be upfront and forthcoming.
Talk to Jesus, he's waiting to talk to you.
May the grace of God
be received by all.

No comments:
Post a Comment