Lenten Confessions:
"What is your
name and who is your daddy?" Well Mr. Kimble (Arnold), that is a good
question. Before I answer that question I have one for you, what is a
"Daddy"? Can it be defined as only male? Is it a biological
relationship? Is there something else needed to truly define a Daddy? In my
experiences there are three roles, Father, Dad and Daddy. I believe that a
Father is a biological relationship. My mother often refers to my father as
"the sperm donor". The role of Dad is not limited to biologics but
rather someone that has helped raise you. This person may have been a positive
or negative influence in your life. I never had a Dad. My father abandoned me
before I was 4 yrs. old and I never found a replacement. Now the Daddy is a
role fulfilled by someone to whom you have and emotional and positive bonding.
This is the person that will protect you at all costs. This person views their
life as insignificant to yours. This person truly loves you. Jesus understood
these distinctions. He even goes as far as calling God "Abba" in the
scriptures, which is loosely translated as "Daddy" in Aramaic. Jesus
knew who was and is his Daddy. There is no one that loves you more than Jesus's
Daddy.
So now I ask you,
"What is your name and who is your daddy?" Is God your Daddy? Are you
not letting God be your Daddy? For the longest time I never realized I had a
Daddy. I am proud to say I now know that I do and my Daddy has always been there
because he loves me. I guess I have a lot of Father's Day cards to send out to
make up for the lost years. Do you think it is OK to edit the Lord's Prayer by
changing the words to "Abba, who art in Heaven, hollowed be thy
name"?
If you remember,
Team ParrotHeads is walking the Relay for Life on Father's Day Weekend. We will
be walking with Team POSSIBLE! Please join us physically, emotionally and
monetarily. Cancer will never have a Daddy.
May the grace of God
be received by all.

No comments:
Post a Comment