Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Confessions 2013 #3

Friday, February 15, 2013

Lenten Confessions:

 So this morning I saw the sun starting to rise when I was exercising. This afternoon I saw the sun setting as I drove home from work. I asked myself, "What did you accomplish today? Where did the day go?". In the morning before I leave for work, I sit in the car as it warms up and say the Lord's Prayer aloud. I ask God to forgive my debts and I promise to forgive others. So I ask myself on my drive home, "Did you do what you said you would do?" If the answer is yes I thank God for sharing a great day. If the answer is no I ask God if I deserved God's forgiveness. I feel that this relationship with God is necessary to keep me in line with my thoughts and actions. It helps me remain accountable for my words and actions. I'm not always proud of my behavior but I know I can change and make it right. I'm a sinner and I make mistakes but God has always shown me love and compassion. That doesn't mean I can continue to break my promises with God, but I'm not condemned to hell for all eternity for periodic stumbles in my imperfect life. Its comforting to know God will always be there for me.

May the grace of God be received by all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment