Lenten Confessions:
God's Plan: What is it and where do I fit in?
God always has a
plan. God knows what we want and what we need and sometimes the two are not the
same. When I left the military in 1998 I started working for a company in
Missouri. I loved that job. The work was.exciting, it had travel and adventure.
I thought I would retire from there. God's plan always includes free will, an
awe inspiring responsibility for us to choose as we wish whether it agrees or
disagrees with God's overall plan. My free will got me fired from that job. My
decisions and my actions were definitely not in line with God's plan. I bear no
hard feelings towards that company because it was surely my fault.
Somehow God was able
to continue with a plan for me. Two employers later and I'm happy again. Was
this the plan all along? Did God know I would screw up and it was my destiny to
be where I am now? Was God's plan just rearranged to incorporate the next adventure?
I no long wonder what God has planned for me. I accept that God makes better
decisions and I have to trust God. My life is in better hands when God is in
charge.

No comments:
Post a Comment