Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Confessions 2013 #13

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lenten Confessions:

Last Sunday the First Testament scripture was Genesis and the story of Abram. It was about how God had told him the number of his offspring would be as many as the stars if you could count them. I find it hard to understand that concept since I live in an area where there aren't a lot of stars to be seen because of the city lights. But as I was on my walk this morning in the gentle falling snow I likened a snowflake to a star. Could we not see the snowflake and see the relationship to Abram's descendants and all of God's children? For those of you who live in snow barren areas think of raindrops. If you still live in a inclement weather barren area then think of the bubbles in your glass of champagne because you are in a place like no other.

A snowflake is said to be unique, never are there two alike, so too are God's children (even identical twins are not truly identical because their finger prints are different). A snowflake can be found all over the world at one time or another, so too are God's children (in July 1992 I made a house hunting trip to Hawaii. It snowed on the Big Island my first day there. It was the only place in the northern hemisphere that received snow that day). A snowflake comes in many shapes and sizes, so too are God's children. Whether the child is black, white, red, brown, yellow, green, blue, rainbow, plaid, or paisley, they are God's children. As I walked I must have seen a hundred million small snowflakes, thousands of which touched me on their fall to Earth. It reminded me of the Holy Spirit falling to God's children. As each snowflake fell it took it's own individual path. Some were blown left or right, up or down, but all fell to Earth seeking the right place to land to do its work. The Holy Spirit falls around us, and hopefully within us, to do God's work. I encourage everyone you go dance and sing in the rain, lay down on the white fluff and make snow angels, allow the Holy Spirit to fill you, embrace the Holy Spirit which is filled with God's love as it is meant to be. Show God that you accept your role as God's child, be one of the snowflakes, as unique and distinct as your are, but always a part of the family, God's and mine.

I remind you to pray today and support Team POSSIBLE!

May the grace of God be received by all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment