Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lenten Confessions 2013 #14

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lenten Confessions:

I've been aggravated and mentally put off by events in and around my ego bubble. I am tired about hearing about gun control because I don't own a gun, and do not wish to control those that do. I am upset about the choice the judges made on American Idol because it affects the quality of my entertainment for the next few months. I am angry about the sequester. I view a sequester as the event in which a jury is locked up, secluded from outside contact and influences until a resolution to the problem is unanimously agreed upon. I would love to see all of Congress and the President locked up until they stop their childish behavior and do their jobs correctly.

But alas, this things are important only to my ego and not my relationship with God. God has a plan for us all. Our freewill is always changing or readjusting that plan, but God none the less has a plan. God knows who is the best for American Idol. God knows what is safe for us. God knows what we need versus what we want and God will provide. We just need to let God complete the plan.

Thirty-five years ago when I was a mere replica of the stud I am today I was running cross-country in Jr. High. Coach McCory told me that the key to my success in running was not how fast I think I can go or how fast I think I can move my legs, but working on the coordination of my arms with my mind and my feet. When running, or walking, if you concentrate on moving your arms your feet will follow at the same pace. The faster you move your arms the faster your feet will move. The further you stretch your arms out in the movement, the longer the stride in your steps and the move ground you will cover. I can prove this to you with a simple test, instead of walking with your arms moving in opposite directions as your legs, move them in the same direction at the same time.  Move your left arm and your left leg forward, then back. Repeat the same process on your right side. Every step forward with your left leg will be joined with a move forward of your left arm, not your right. It feels awkward and makes you lose your sense of balance. So why do we let ourselves be out of sync with God? Why are out minds and mouths not conveying the same ideas and actions? How can we expect God's plan to work if we are walking uncoordinated and outside of the path of our journey with God?

Oh Heavenly Father, I commit my mind, my heart, my body to do your will. I move my arms, not back and forth but raise them up to you. May my mind, heart and body follow my arms in your direction to do your work. Lord, I'm a stud, 35 years in the making (48 total but I started late) . Thank you for the time and opportunity to make myself better. May I have many more years of studliness to do your work.  AMEN.

May the grace of God be received by all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment