I remember how innocent everything seemed to be and how I was clueless to things around me. It was 6th grade and the Hustle was the dance. My girlfriend was Antoinette (Tony) M. At that age I called her my girlfriend but I never kissed her. Andy D., Brad K., and Robin C. were some of my best friends. Riding bikes was my favorite thing to do. Things were simple and no one worried about where you were as long as you made it home for dinner.
As I find myself further and further into my mid-life crisis at the age of 46, I often revert to childhood memories between the ages of 7 and 14. I don't know why those ages are so important to me. They are times when I had no ambitions, no idea of what I wanted to do, no cares what so ever. I do know that the more I have to face reality and responsibility the more I daydream about my childhood.
This week I will face a new challenge in my life. One that may affect my whole family. I can't go into details now but if you can, pray that my mind and heart are in the same place. Hope that my decisions are not made in haste but encompass what is best for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment