Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting Older

Have you noticed  yourself getting older? Does your body ache more than usual? Are you gaining weight in places you never noticed before? Is your hair changing color? Are you needing to wear glasses? Are your reading glasses becoming an every hour necessity? I had to change my eye glass wearing habits. I have found that more and more I need my reading glasses. I went for my annual checkup with the ophthalmologist and everything was good despite my personal views. It's important for me to get those checkups because of my Diabetes. The eyes have the smallest blood vessels and is anything should start to go wrong, the eyes should show it first.



Many people dread getting older. Maybe its the problems that I listed earlier, but I view them as experience milestones. I embrace the fact that I have lived life and not the past consume me. I do dream of my childhood but I view them as positive points, not missed opportunities.

I look forward to more days ahead of me. I enjoy being a Grandpa. It's a period in my life that has yet to be fully experienced. I get to relive simple childhood innocence as well as parental responsibility. I now this sounds confusing and impossible but once you have a grandchild you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Proverbs 20:29 

29 The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment