What is it about this time of year that gets people riled up? The changing of the season is definitely a big factor. Some people do not adjust well to the heat so the cooler temperatures make for cooler emotions. The physical change from humidity to blustery winds, the color of the leaves, anticipation of joyous holidays like Thanksgiving and Halloween, special times spent with family and friends, all bring back fond memories which we desperately try to recreate and live again. Isn't it funny how when those events happened the first time we often thought of them as disasters instead of joys. As time passes the negative aspects fade away and only the cherished momemnts remain.
As summer comes to a close we are reminded of the approaching fall with the sounds of helmets and shoulder pads cracking in the crisp cool morning air. Yes folks, it's football time. Whether it's high school, college or the NFL, football is an American tradition. It's also the one aspect of fall my wife hates but I enjoy. Men seem to secrete more pheromones during this time than any other. It's testosterone hell and I love it. Although I never played football as a kid in an organized team I always wanted too. I grow up without a father figure in my life. As I grow older I realize that it embarrassed me. I shied away from things that I thought would require a father to be by my side. That's also why I never joined the Boy Scouts or Indian Guides. But I digress, back to football. I have two favorite teams, the San Fransisco 49'ers and anyone playing Dallas. I will even root for the St.Louis Rams if they are playing against Dallas, and if you know me and St.Louis teams, that means a lot.
Welcome back Fall, Football, Pheromones and Family. I've missed you this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment